Cost: Non-members: $65 | Member: $35 | Student: $15
Drs. Douglas Skarada and Nahmjee Lee Skarada will take you along a journey exploring the tremendous impact sleep disorders have on the well-being of your patients' cognitive functions. The percentage of un-diagnosed sleep disorders means that we all have patients coming through our clinics each day going “under-treated”. You will gain NEXT-LEVEL CARE TOOLS enabling you to provide world-class care to your patient populations. Our goals:
1. Enable you to help patients who are “stuck” and no longer improving in your treatment plans.
2. Help patients who may have improved, but not completely. You will enable them to experience more complete results.
3. Minimize the HIDDEN LIABILITY RISK baked into the modern delivery of sleep care in our practices. As it turns out, what you don’t know CAN hurt you, badly.
4. Have your patients thank you for your ability to solve mysterious problems.
5. Learn how to CONNECT BETTER to the greater holistic sleep community. Doing so will elevate your clinic’s status as the place to go to get things done.
Accomplishing these goals does not have to be boring. Dr. Skarada leans in to his “dad humor” to help you laugh your way through the talk. Join him for the journey to a deeper understanding of sleep apnea and its impact on cognitive impairment.
Dr. Douglas Skarada is board certified in Otolaryngology by the American Board of Otolaryngology and has over 20 years of experience in Ear Nose and Throat (ENT) specialty care. His areas of expertise include innovative sinus care, advanced allergy therapy, comprehensive nasal care, and treatment for sleep apnea and snoring disorders.
Dr. Skarada takes pride in providing personalized, individual care for every patient, utilizing state-of- the-art technology and advanced treatment options. Visit the Modern Nose Clinic to see how Dr. Skarada and his friendly, knowledgeable staff can help you improve your health and your quality of life.
Nahmjee Lee Skarada, DMD, is a diplomate of the American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine and a member of the American Academy of Sleep Medicine. She graduated Magna Cum Laude from Washington University in St. Louis, Missouri, with a double major in biochemistry and business. Her research at Washington University Medical School on human genome sequencing was published in the prestigious journal, Nature. She pursued dental training at New York University Dental School and Oregon Health Science University and received her Doctorate of Medicine in Dentistry.
**This presentation is worth 1 Category 1 CE credit for Washington NDs.**
Originally presented October 15, 2022, at WANP's CONNECT 2022 conference.