The National Association of Environmental Medicine (NAEM) is seeking a part-time assistant to the Executive Director. This is a remote position. You will be working directly with the Executive Director, having regular video meetings and communication via email. We are seeking someone with a passion for Environmental Medicine who is an advocate for sharing the knowledge of Environmental Medicine with health care practitioners and the general public.
Our ideal candidate will have marketing experience, excellent communication and planning skills, and attention to detail.
The National Association of Environmental Medicine (NAEM) is a non-profit organization founded in 2008 by Dr. Walter Crinnion and a small team of expert clinicians. NAEM is a community hub for Environmental Medicine clinicians focused on the most up-to-date education. We offer health care providers resources and education so they can help patients with environmentally-driven disease.
1. Weekly newsletter creation and scheduling
• Format for our weekly emails from content for our email types (a case, a partner/corporate promotion, an article, or an event promotion and you would put into our template and format in our email program, schedule to send to our list).
2. Regular meetings and communication
• Attend the virtual monthly Marketing Committee Meeting.
• Communicate regularly with the Executive Director at periodic meetings and via email throughout the week.
3. Attend Monthly Board Meetings
• Attend the virtual monthly Board Meeting (2nd Tuesday of the month at 5pm PT) and take notes. Post notes at the end of the meeting.
4. Member vetting
• Verify new member credentials to ensure all members are in the appropriate membership category.
5. Social media coordination
• Duties include creation of 2-3 Instagram and Facebook posts per week using Canva. Posts are based on the weekly theme in our email schedule, and any upcoming events within NAEM or promoting a partner organization.
Share feed posts to stories and within the private NAEM Facebook group.
6. Additional projects
• Additional projects may include membership drive, webinar/conference promotion, analytics or other research and administrative projects deemed necessary by the Executive Director and or Board members.
10-15 hrs per month
Starting at $20/hour
Send your cover letter and resume to Katherine Carvlin at email@example.com