21 January 2022
In an effort to increase access to at-home rapid tests across the state, the Washington State Department of Health (DOH) launched a statewide portal toady that allows COVID-19 tests to ship directly to households, while supplies last.
Washington state residents now can visit www.sayyescovidhometest.org to order rapid-antigen COVID-19 tests online, and will receive those tests delivered at no cost through Amazon.
As we expected, demand was much higher than our current inventory could support and we anticipate our current test kit stock will expire by the end of today (Friday, January 21). The program will be restocked as soon as supplies allow. In the meantime, people can still get COVID-19 tests through other options, listed below.
This portal is an important step toward making tests more widely available across the state. As we work with our federal partners, we look forward to seeing an increase in the number of tests flowing directly into people’s homes over the next several weeks.
A few things we want you to know as you get questions from those you serve.
- People can order up to 5 test kits for free – including delivery – per household.
- However, supply is limited and will restock as supply into the state increases.
- We anticipate people’s interest in the test kits will exceed supply, but our focus is sharing everything we are allotted.
- We want to make sure these tests are getting into the hands of those who need it the most during the current surge in COVID-19 activity.
- When they are in stock, people in Washington can order their test kit the following ways:
- sayyescovidhometest.org (English)
- For anyone with limited internet access or in need of language assistance, call 1-800-525-0127 then press # (press 7 for Spanish).
- The site will be available in additional languages in the coming weeks.
As you field questions or comments from those you serve after we have run out of supply, please reinforce the following ways to access a COVID-19 test:
- Order a free testing kit from the federal program at gov. Limit one order per household.
- Purchase an at-home test at local retailers and pharmacies or online.
- If you have health insurance, most insurers will now pay you back for up to 8 at-home tests per month, for each person on your plan.
- Get a test at a testing location near you. Find a testing location on this page.
For additional questions and answers, visit www.doh.wa.gov/TestingFAQ.
~Washing State DOH COVID-19 Vaccine Program